Skip to main content
Enabling Closed Captioning on Roku
- Press the Home button on your remote to open the main screen.
- Scroll up or down and select Settings.
- To open the captions menu, select Accessibility. If Accessibility is not listed, select Captions.
- Select Captions Mode and choose when captions appear.
- Off - captions never appear
- On Always - captions always appear (when available from the service provider). When service providers use their own settings, closed captions are activated within their channel.
- On Replay - captions appear only after pressing the Instant Replay button on your remote (with content that supports instant replay)
- When Mute - captions appear only when volume is muted. Note: this is not available on all Roku devices.